Ahem. There are some affiliate links on this page. If you buy something from me, I can afford to take my girlfriend out for dinner. That makes her very happy. Read my full affiliate disclosure here.
Below are some books, podcasts, supplements, and gear that add value to my life. Of course, value is subjective. So. there aren’t any guarantees any of this will do the same for you. Also, remember that owning stuff for the sake of owning it won’t bring you fulfillment. Use your mind.
note: all Amazon links on this page are affiliate links.
Entrepreneur and Business
Being an entrepreneur can be daunting at first. Here are some books that helped ground me and develop the necessary entrepreneur mindset.
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind, by T. Harv Eker
- Ready, Fire, Aim, by Michael Masterson
- Start With Why, by Simon Sinek
Blogging, Writing, Content Marketing, and Copywriting
- Epic Content Marketing, by Joe Pulizzi
Economics goes beyond money. It stretches into people’s motivations to act in a certain way, and the results of those acts. At it’s essence, economics is about understanding cause and effect. How will a new government policy change people’s behavior? With what results? Because of that, it gives perspective to a lot of the questions facing us today.
Everyone should have a basic understanding of economics. Politicians, businessmen, and the corporate media would have you believe that economics is too complicated for the average person to understand. And plenty of people are more than happy to perpetuate that myth. But, it’s not true. Here are some great books to get you started. The first two are the best.
- Economics in One Lesson: The Shortest and Surest Way to Understand Basic Economics, by Henry Hazlitt
- Basic Economics, Fifth Edition: A Common Sense Guide to the Economy, by Thomas Sowell
- How an Economy Grows and Why It Crashes, by Peter Schiff and Andrew Schiff
- What Has Government Done to Our Money?, by Murray Rothbard